Thursday, March 27, 2008

Diet pills

Diet pills

I just got done with taking these horribly huge diet pills for two months now. I have only lost 4 pounds. The advertisements for these diet pills promised me at least 10 pounds a month. I should have lost 20 pounds, not a measly 4. As you can guess, I'm not a happy person and still heavier than what I would like to be. My doctor said that I need to exercise and eat properly while I'm taking diet pills. I suppose it doesn't matter that the commercials and advertisements don't mention that I need to do anything more than swallow the pills. Apparently, we are just supposed to assume that when we take diet pills, we need to exercise and eat healthy. Imagine that.

I wasn't a big fan of the diet pills. For one thing, they were huge and left a strange taste in my mouth. I had some get stuck in my throat at various times and made life pretty uncomfortable for a few hours. Those diet pills also disrupted my life somewhat. I battled constipation or upset stomachs for a few weeks. There was no happy medium. I felt tired at some time and other times I think that the diet pills actually made me jittery. It was not always a comfortable feeling.

My husband thought that I was crazy for having actually ordered diet pills in the first place. He is very much a pessimist when it comes to losing weight. He was not convinced that diet pills actually work and after my tiny weight loss, he remains convinced. I can't say that I don't have my major doubts now as well. I'm only about 20 pounds heavier than I would like to be. My husband isn't complaining but I want to like what I see when I look in the mirror. Right now, I'm too critical of myself and find very little time to exercise. I work a full-time job and a part-time job and junk food has become my comfort. I had this crazy idea that if I made myself take diet pills every time I wanted to give in to a craving, but that didn't last too long. When it comes to food, I am weak. I thought that diet pills would somehow curb my food cravings and enthusiasm for eating. Obviously, that did not work in the least.

I've decided that diet pills simply will not work for me. I will settle for taking the stairs instead of the elevator and parking further away in the parking lot. I will just have to snack on some healthier food throughout my day and not carry any spare change for the vending machines. I will alter my lifestyle and perhaps I won't need to use the diet pills. I can find success without them.

No comments: